Get married

Religious Wedding

Iglesia Parroquial de Santa María: C/ Alcalde Jacinto.

You as a couple need to get in touch with your local priest, with whom you attend mass to prepare all of the relative documentation that needs to be forwarded to Almería.

A notice of the marriage needs to be put on the front door of the church for 15 days so people can object, or you can announce the marriage three times at masses on different weekends. You will have to wait at least 3 months from engagement to the actual marriage.

Documentation needed by the couple:

  • Baptismal Certificate
  • Birth Certificates, with the number in the register book.
  • National Identity Card
  • Justification: A course must be taken by the couple to prepare them for marriage; a cert is given when they complete the course.

With this documentation, the parties must be in the parish of the bride or groom. The parish office manager will indicate the date, time and all you need for the day.

Civil Wedding


Justice of Peace. Telf: 950 61 50 83

Centro de Usos Múltiples, Avda. de Anducía cruce Ctra. a Turre. 


The couple must go together to apply to the justice of the peace to request a wedding.

Register your wedding

Documentation needed:

  • Copy of your Birth Certificates.
  • Certificate of residency, you require to live in Spain for at least 2 years.
  • A document stating your current marital status.

Marriage of minors

  • If you are over 16 years old you need a document stating that you do not live at home.
  • People aged between 14 and 16 must have a Trial of Judicial Dispensation.

Divorce or annulment of marraige

  • Document of previous marriage, with note on whether divorced or marital annulment.
  • If you were divorced outside Spain you need a document from the Supreme Tribunal for validation to get married.


  • Certificate that shows your partner has passes away.


  • The council has to make a certificate to show where you are from, and how long you have lived in Spain.
  • You also need to show by public notice, both in Spain and in your country, stating that you are getting married.
  • In some cases you need to show that you are capable of marraige.